Thursday, March 15, 2012

Re-Purposed and Grown Up

A had a very girly, very pink baby nursery. When she started becoming more of a little girl, I re-did her room (adorable owl theme - and blue walls...I think I had enough of the pink). I sold and donated some of her nursery decor items but a few of them I held onto to re-purpose (even though I didn't know yet what for). This is one of those items I kept.

I loved this coat hanger in her nursery. I love what it said, and it just fit with the sweet pink theme that was going on in there. (I searched my computer files and could not find the before picture of this - not sure what happened to it. So I found this pic of the exact same  print. The only difference is mine didn't have a frame and it had hooks for a coat rack. But the design/saying/colors are identical.)

I had many ideas of what I wanted to do with this, but ultimately, I decided it needed a home in the playroom. Here is what I did to it:


Bright blue paint, white letters, some flower detail, and of course a little bling for her majesty. Screwed the hooks back on and voila! Easy enough.


I think it turned out cute. Fun and bright - and much more grown up (kid grown up...) than the sweet babyish decor it once was. And best of all, it serves a purpose! It is perfect for hanging up dress up clothes, and while it doesn't hold all of them (hence the bin below it), it highlights some of A's favorite dresses. I love functionality. Ultimately it was a little sad to cover up those sweet words, but I like knowing they are still under there and I LOVE that I was able to re-purpose something that no longer worked for us.

What items have you re-purposed? I'd love to hear about them!

Linked up to Linky Party:

Pincushion Creations

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! I love how your repurposed the old sign! Love all her dress up clothes! ;) I would love for you to share this and any of your other great ideas---at my party going on and perhaps become a new follower! Following you via GFC!http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/03/homemade-by-you-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, www.4you-withlove.blogspot.com. You have a nice blog and I'm your newest GFC follower. I tried to respond to your e-mail and you came up as a no reply blogger. I just put together a post on how to fix this. You can check it out here

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-was-no-reply-bloggerare-you.html

    At this time, bloggers cannot respond via e-mail to your lovely comments.

    Have a wonderful weekend! I'd love if you'd follow back!

    Marilyn

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete