Thursday, March 1, 2012

Amazing chicken salad!

After G was born, some very great friends brought us dinner. It was spring and warm out, and this light meal was perfection. It is my go to chicken salad recipe and I make it quite a bit. Sorry no photos. I get too excited to eat it and forget about photos.

Adapted from Allrecipes.com: Holiday Chicken Salad

Amazing Chicken Salad

4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup mayonnaise (I keep considering trying a healthier version of this with greek yogurt and nixing or cutting down on the mayo, but I love it so much as is, I just can't bear to mess with it. I once made it with vegennaise and that was a very sad fail. )
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp seasoning salt
black pepper to taste
1/2 cup craisins (this is plenty for me, and hubby picks them out - you can add more or leave out. The original recipe calls for three times this amount)
1 cup chopped celery
halved grapes - green or red. Add to taste - I probably use roughly 1 cup but don't measure. I like grapes in almost every bite.
Occasionally I will add some chopped apples and that is good too - completely optional - it is great without it

Mix everything together minus chicken. Once thoroughly combined, add chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving. Serve on croissants and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment