Thursday, January 24, 2013

Never deep clean your shower again?!


If there is one chore I dislike more than any other, it is cleaning the shower. I don't know why, but I just don't like it. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than one shower. I have tried the daily shower cleaner sprays (I don't think they work very well). I saw something on pinterest however, that has changed shower cleaning for me.

Now, I'm not sure why they insist on using blue Dawn, but I can tell you that I use my method dishwash soap (cucumber is my favorite, but clementine is awesome too) and it works just great (and smells amazing too).

1. Fill the dish scrubber with half white vinegar, and half liquid dish soap of your choice.
2. Shake it up.
3. Put it in your shower.
4. At the end of each shower (or even just a couple times per week), give the walls, floor, and glass doors if you have them a quick scrub down.
5. Rinse. (I keep a cup in our shower for bathing our little ones so I use that to get areas the shower head won't reach)
** I also keep a Mr. Clean magic eraser in the shower for stubborn build up, but since I have used this method, I haven't even needed it.

That's it. Since I have been doing this method, I honestly have not even needed to use my shower cleaner, because my shower never has a chance to get dirty. I love vinegar...it is an amazing cleaner, and I figure if my dish soap makes my dishes clean enough to eat off of, it can handle my shower for sure.

What shortcut cleaning tricks do you swear by?


No comments:

Post a Comment